Below are answers to frequently asked questions related to technical issues.
What if I forgot password?
Go to https://training.sprc.org/login/forgot_password.php to reset your password.
Each course needs to open in a pop-up window. Depending on which browser you use (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari), pop-ups are enabled differently. Below are instructions on how to enable pop-ups for four different browsers.
If after following the instructions for your browsers, pop-ups are still disabled, then it could be that a toolbar add-on could be blocking pop-ups. Check the toolbar settings to make sure pop-ups are enabled for http://training.sprc.org.
Internet Explorer (IE)
- From the Tools menu, point to Pop-up Blocker, and then click on Pop-up Blocker Settings.
- Type "training.sprc.org" in the box Address of website to allow and click Add.
- Set the Blocking Level or Filter Level to Medium: Block most automatic pop-ups.
- For more information about Pop-up Blocker in Internet Explorer, click on the link Learn More about Pop-up Blocker at the bottom of the page.
- Click Close.
Note: The course, A Strategic Planning Approach to Suicide Prevention, may not be compatible with Internet Explorer 11. There is a known issue with the Google Toolbar preventing the course from loading in a pop up window. Please disable the Google Toolbar as follows: Right click the top frame of your browser, near the address bar or the "File, View, Edit" bar. From the choices that dropdown, uncheck Google toolbar. For Google Toolbar Support go to http://www.google.com/support/toolbar/.
- From the Tools menu, select Options….
- Select the Content icon for version 3.x and later, or Web Features icon for earlier versions.
- Click on the Exceptions button for Block pop-up windows.
- Enter training.sprc.org into the Address of web site box.
- Click Add or Allow and training.sprc.org will be displayed below in the list of websites.
- Click Close to close the Exceptions window.
- Click Cancel to close the Options window.
- Click on the Wrench icon in the upper right of the browser window.
- If running on a PC, select Options. If running on a Mac, select Preferences.
- Click on the Under the Hood tab.
- Click on Content Settings in the Privacy area.
- Click the Manage Exceptions button in the Pop-ups area.
- Enter training.sprc.org in the Add new exception pattern text box and press the Enter.
- Click on the X in the upper right to close the Exceptions window.
- Click on the X in the upper right to close the Content Settings window.
- From the Safari menu, ensure 'Block pop-up windows' is unchecked. Note: in Safari, pop-ups are either all allowed or none allowed.
If you see the window pop-up to the course but nothing appears, you may need to install the latest version of flash player for your browser. To run the enhanced courses you will need Flash Player 6.0.79 or later on your computer (http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash - Flash Player 7 or later recommended).
It is important that you have pop-ups enabled to run the multimedia courseware.
PC users running Windows can use Internet Explorer 6 and later, Firefox 1.x and later, Safari 3 and later, Google Chrome, or Opera 9.5 and later.
Please note that "A Strategic Planning Approach to Suicide Prevention" may not be compatible with Internet Explorer 11.
Macintosh users can use Safari 3 and later, Firefox 1.x and later, or Google Chrome.
Internet access with minimum 256+ Kbps connection (higher connection speeds are recommended)
Computer requirements are listed below:
- Computer: 500 megahertz (MHz) processor or higher (32- or 64-bit)
- Memory: 256 MB minimum
- Display: 800 X 600 screen resolution (1,024 x 768 or higher recommended)
- Multimedia: Sound card and headphones or speakers
If you have questions or problems, please go to sprc.org/contact-us.