CE UpdateAs of September 28, 2018, we will no longer be able to provide continuing education credits for any of our online courses. If you would like continuing education credit for a course, you will need to do the following no later than September 28, 2018:
- Complete the course
- Pass the posttest
- Complete the feedback survey
- Print your certificate of completion
Which CE credits are available?
SPRC is a designated provider of CE credits issued by the following organizations:
- National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. (NCHEC)
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC). SPRC is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
However, we do not offer all of these CE credits for each online course. To find out how many CE credits hours and which type(s) of CE credits are offered for a particular course, see below under How many CE credits do you offer for each course?
How do I qualify for CE credits?
If you complete a course, pass the post-test, and answer the participant feedback questions, you will receive a certificate of completion. You will also be eligible to receive CE credits, if they are offered for the specific course you completed.
You are eligible to receive only one certificate of completion for each course. We are unable to provide multiple or annual certificates of completion for any of our courses.
How many CE credits do you offer for each course?
Preventing Suicide in Emergency Department Patients
- Continuing education credits are not offered for this course at this time.
Counseling on Access to Lethal Means
- 2 CE clock hours from the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- 2 CE contact hours from the National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
A Strategic Planning Approach to Suicide Prevention
- 3.5 Category I entry- or advanced-level continuing education contact hours from the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing (NCHEC)
Locating and Understanding Data for Suicide Prevention
- 2 Category I entry- or advanced-level continuing education contact hours from the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing
How do I let you know that I want CE credits?
During the registration process, you will be asked whether you want to receive CE credits from NASW, NBCC, or NCHEC. If you do, please indicate accordingly.
If you decide that you want CE credits after you register and create your account, please login and update your account.
NCHEC credits are submitted and posted on a quarterly basis. For NASW and NBCC credits, you can use your completion certificate to verify you have taken a course.
Why is my CHES number not printing on my certificate?
If you are requesting NCHEC credits, your Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) number must be entered in your user profile to appear on the certificate. If you are logged in, you can update your account to include your CHES number.
What if I don’t see the kind of CE credits that I want?
Please contact SPRC at sprc.org/contact-us if you would like to suggest additional kinds of CE credits. Your suggestions will help us identify which CE credits would be most useful to offer in the future.
If you have questions or problems, please go to sprc.org/contact-us.